Q Advisors is actively seeking a Marketing and Business Development Associate to support the firm in marketing its investment banking services across the Technology, Media, and Telecom sectors. Responsibilities include supporting Q Advisors’ senior and junior bankers in areas of content creation for online journals and publications, industry research, corporate marketing, visual design, external communications, virtual events, PR, and social media. The Marketing and Business Development Associate position is a full-time role. Q Advisors is seeking candidates with 1-2 years of marketing or communications experience with preference for candidates with background in the financial services or technology sectors. Exceptional entry level candidates will be considered for a six-month trial period with potential to transition to a full-time position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Assist with the establishment and execution of the firm’s marketing plan for 2021
• Collaborate and coordinate efforts with the Q Advisors team in areas of online content, corporate marketing, visual design, communications, events, PR, and social media
• Implement best practices with CRM and tracking active leads for firm relationships
• Coordinate and maintain the firm’s database of relevant Private Equity funds and lenders
• Coordinate and maintain the firm’s database of potential clients in target industries
• Contact trade shows and conferences to secure speaking engagements for Q Advisors personnel
• Liaise with the firm’s current and future business partners to establish tighter coordination of our relationships and participation in events
• Support Partners and Managing Directors in research and coordination for quarterly industry white papers, QSights, and short articles
• Provide the firm with quarterly updates on business development activity
• Identify publications that would be interested in publishing Q Advisors material
• Ensure marketing and communication content is consistent with quality and compliance standards
• Assist in design work for external client presentations and marketing collateral
• Regularly monitor established performance metrics to track campaign effectiveness
• Liaise with the firm’s outside public relations firm
Bachelors and / or Graduate degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field required; a strong record of academic achievement; proven analytical ability and attention to detail; demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills; high degree of academic and extracurricular achievement; proven ability to work well in a dynamic team environment; superior writing and oral communication skills; willingness to commit ample time and energy to the position. Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, HubSpot, and CRM management preferred. Foreign language capability is a plus but not required. Q Advisors is only able to consider candidates that are permanently eligible to work in the United States.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.